Remembering Adam Richard Kokas: A Tribute to a Remarkable Life
Adam Kokas Obituary: In a heartfelt tribute to the life of Adam Richard Kokas, we honor a beloved husband, devoted father, accomplished attorney, and esteemed member of the air transportation industry. This article seeks to commemorate the extraordinary journey of a man who left an indelible mark on the hearts of those he touched. From his early days in New Jersey to his soaring career and cherished family life in Ridgefield, we celebrate the life and legacy of Adam Kokas.
Adam Kokas Obituary: Early Life and Education
Adam Richard Kokas was born on April 5, 1971, in Long Branch, New Jersey, to John and Beverly Kokas. Growing up in Bayville, NJ, Adam attended Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, where he laid the foundation for his future achievements. He pursued higher education at Rutgers University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree before attending the prestigious Boston University School of Law. Graduating cum laude, he embarked on a career that would elevate him to remarkable heights.
The Legal Career
Adam’s legal journey began with his admission to the New York and New Jersey Bars, a pivotal moment that opened doors to a distinguished career in law. As a partner at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP and Ropes & Gray LLP, he honed his legal expertise, earning the admiration and respect of his peers. In 2006, he took on a new challenge, joining Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, where he assumed multiple leadership roles, including Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Chief Human Resources Officer, and Secretary.
Over the course of nearly 17 years, Adam Kokas made an indelible impact on the company, rising to the esteemed position of Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary before retiring. He actively participated in various trade organizations, contributing significantly to the Cargo Airline Association, the Society of Corporate Governance, and the International Air Transportation Association Legal Advisory Council.
Recognitions and Awards
Adam’s unwavering dedication and brilliance earned him numerous accolades and recognitions throughout his career. Corporate Secretary Magazine named him the Governance Professional of the Year in both 2016 and 2019, highlighting his exceptional leadership and commitment. The New York Law Journal acknowledged his outstanding contributions, awarding him the title of Best Legal Department – Atlas Air in 2018.
A Life of Passions
Despite his professional success, Adam Kokas always cherished his family and personal passions. Residing in Ridgefield for 14 years, he found solace and joy in activities such as golf, reading, and engaging in vibrant discussions with his wide circle of friends. Politics, entertainment, and current events were subjects he eagerly explored, igniting meaningful conversations wherever he went.
Adam’s love for automobiles made him an avid car enthusiast, while his loyalty to the Phillies baseball team showcased his unwavering sportsmanship. Notably, he was a proud season ticket holder for Rutgers University Men’s Basketball, supporting the team he once shared an alma mater with.
The Cherished Family
Adam was not only an exceptional professional but also a devoted family man. He shared 21 years of love and companionship with his beloved wife, Trisha (Zehner) Kokas. Their bond was a source of strength and joy for both, nurturing a beautiful family life together. Hayden Kokas, their son and recent graduate of Ridgefield High School, was a testament to Adam’s love and support as a father.
Adam’s parents, John and Beverly Kokas, shared his life journey, providing guidance and love along the way. His sisters, Carly (Kokas) Parker and Jessie (Kokas) Camporeale, were sources of constant support and cherished family ties.
Farewell to a Legend
On Monday, July 10, 2023, Ridgefield lost a remarkable soul when Adam Richard Kokas passed away unexpectedly. The news of his untimely departure shook the hearts of those who had the privilege of knowing him. To honor his memory, family and friends gathered at Kane Funeral Home on Sunday, July 23, 2023, to pay their respects.
A Funeral Mass was held on Monday, July 24, 2023, at Saint Mary’s Church in Ridgefield, where Adam’s life and legacy were celebrated with reverence and love. Finally, Adam was laid to rest in Saint Mary’s Cemetery, his final resting place.
In the memories of those who loved him and the hearts of those he touched, Adam Kokas will forever remain an unforgettable presence. His remarkable career in the legal and air transportation industries, his unwavering dedication to his family, and his zest for life are enduring legacies that will continue to inspire and uplift.
Through Adam’s journey, we are reminded of the significance of passion, dedication, and love in shaping a life well-lived. As we bid farewell to this exceptional individual, we hold his memory close, knowing that the impact of his life will continue to ripple through the lives he touched.
- How did Adam Kokas contribute to the legal industry? Adam Kokas made significant contributions to the legal industry through his roles at Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, Ropes & Gray LLP, and Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings. He actively participated in various trade organizations, leaving an indelible mark on the air transportation sector.
- What awards did Adam Kokas receive during his career? Adam Kokas received notable awards, including the Governance Professional of the Year from Corporate Secretary Magazine in 2016 and 2019, and the Best Legal Department – Atlas Air accolade from the New York Law Journal in 2018.
- What were Adam Kokas’s personal interests? Adam Kokas was passionate about golf, reading, and engaging in discussions on politics, entertainment, and current events. He was also an avid car enthusiast, a loyal supporter of the Phillies baseball team, and a proud season ticket holder for Rutgers University Men’s Basketball.
- What cherished family did Adam Kokas leave behind? Adam Kokas is survived by his beloved wife, Trisha (Zehner) Kokas, and their son, Hayden Kokas. His parents, John and Beverly Kokas, and sisters, Carly (Kokas) Parker and Jessie (Kokas) Camporeale, also mourn his loss.
- When and where were the funeral services held for Adam Kokas? Family and friends gathered to pay their respects at Kane Funeral Home on Sunday, July 23, 2023. The Funeral Mass was held on Monday, July 24, 2023, at Saint Mary’s Church in Ridgefield. Adam was laid to rest in Saint Mary’s Cemetery at 110 North Street, Ridgefield.