Remembering “Jacob Allen” Jake Godbey: A Tribute to the Life of a loved one.
Jake Godbey Obituary: Introduction
Jake Godbey Obituary: Losing a loved one is never easy, and it is with heavy hearts that we gather here to pay tribute to the life of Jacob Allen Godbey. On July 24th, 2023, Pendleton lost a bright soul, as Jake, as he was affectionately known, bid farewell to this world. Born on April 10, 1998, to Scott (Krista Horine) Godbey and Andrea (Steve) Kirk in Anderson, Indiana, Jake’s time on Earth was filled with love, accomplishments, and a deep sense of community.
Childhood and Education
Jake’s journey began in Anderson, Indiana, where he grew up surrounded by the love and support of his parents, grandparents, and siblings. He attended Pendleton Heights High School and graduated in 2016, leaving behind a trail of cherished memories and lasting friendships. His passion for learning and dedication to his studies earned him respect from his teachers and admiration from his peers.
A Promising Career
Following his high school graduation, Jake ventured into the professional world, where he found his calling as a Gas Specialist at CenterPoint Energy. His commitment to excellence led him to become an apprentice at IBEW Local 1393, showcasing his talent and dedication to his craft. Throughout his career, Jake’s hard work and determination earned him the respect and admiration of his colleagues.
A Heart for Service
Beyond his professional endeavors, Jake was deeply involved in his community. He had a compassionate soul and a heart for service. As a past volunteer for the Pendleton Fire and Ambulance Services, he selflessly dedicated his time to helping others, leaving a positive impact on those he encountered.
The Bond with Hank
In addition to his commitment to his career and community, Jake cherished his bond with his fur baby, Hank. Their companionship brought joy and solace to both of them, creating a bond that will forever be remembered by those who knew Jake best.
The Forever Remembered
Jake leaves behind a legacy of love and cherished memories, touching the lives of many along the way. He is survived by his loving parents, Scott and Andrea, and his dear grandparents, Gary Godbey, Linda Godbey, Dean, and Patty Walters. Jake’s presence will forever be missed by his brother, Ryan Hawkins, sister, Kaitlyn Hawkins, and his beloved nephew, Maxwell Hawkins. His aunts and uncles, Brandon (Jen) Godbey, Blaine (Mandi) Godbey, Jacinda (Pat) Mapes, and Angie (Bill) Greenwood, remember him fondly.
Jake’s life was enriched by the presence of special friends, Caleb Ray and Nate Owens, whose friendship brought laughter and camaraderie to his journey.
Farewell and Visitation
In loving memory of Jake, a visitation will be held on Sunday, July 30, 2023, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Wilson St. Pierre, Lahm Chapel, located at 211 E. State St., Pendleton, IN. Funeral services to honor Jake’s life will take place on Monday, July 31, 2023, at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, officiated by Pastor Michael Canada. Following the service, committal services will be held at Friends Cemetery, 1794 W. ST RD 38, Pendleton, IN.
Jake Allen Godbey was a remarkable individual whose kindness, generosity, and warmth touched the lives of many. As we bid farewell to him, we cherish the memories he leaves behind and the love he bestowed upon us. Let us remember Jake not with sadness but with gratitude for the time we shared with him, and may his legacy inspire us to live with compassion and dedication to others.
- Was Jake involved in any charitable activities besides volunteering for the Pendleton Fire and Ambulance Services?While volunteering was one of Jake’s major contributions to his community, he was also involved in fundraising activities for local charities and community events.
- What were Jake’s hobbies and interests outside of work?Jake had a love for the outdoors and enjoyed spending time camping, fishing, and hiking. He was also an avid reader and had a passion for classic literature.
- How can we honor Jake’s memory and continue his legacy of service?To honor Jake’s memory, consider participating in community service activities, volunteering for local organizations, or supporting causes he cared deeply about.
- Did Jake have any favorite quotes or life mottos that defined him?One of Jake’s favorite quotes was, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” This philosophy guided his life and actions.
- How can we offer our condolences and support to Jake’s family during this time?In times of grief, offering a listening ear, a heartfelt note, or simple acts of kindness can provide tremendous comfort and support to grieving families.
Also Visit: Daniel Gearin Obituary(1991-2023): Sudden Loss