Here is a recipe for making toffee:
how to make toffee:Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
how to make toffee: Instructions
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, until the mixture reaches the soft-crack stage (275-290 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the toffee into the prepared baking dish and let cool completely.
- Break the toffee into pieces and enjoy.
Here are some tips for making toffee:
- Use a heavy-bottomed saucepan to prevent the toffee from burning.
- Don’t stir the toffee while it’s cooking, or it will crystallize.
- If the toffee starts to smoke, remove it from the heat immediately.
- Let the toffee cool completely before breaking it into pieces.
You can also add other ingredients to your toffee, such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit. Get creative and have fun!
Here are some variations of toffee:
- Salted toffee: Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the toffee mixture.
- Chocolate toffee: Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips after the toffee has cooled slightly.
- Pecan toffee: Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans after the toffee has cooled slightly.
- Almond toffee: Stir in 1 cup of chopped almonds after the toffee has cooled slightly.
- Maple toffee: Substitute maple syrup for the corn syrup.
- White chocolate toffee: Substitute white chocolate chips for the semisweet chocolate chips.