Jake Sanderson Signs Eight-Year
The Ottawa Senators have signed defenseman Jake Sanderson to an eight-year, $64.4 million contract extension with an average annual value of $8.05 million. This signing is significant for the Senators for several reasons:
- Sanderson is a highly-touted prospect who was drafted fifth overall by the Senators in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. He is considered one of the best defensemen in his draft class and has the potential to be a cornerstone player for the Senators for years to come.
- The contract signing shows that the Senators are committed to building a winning team. The Senators have struggled in recent years, finishing last in the North Division in the 2020-21 season. However, with the signing of Sanderson, the Senators are showing that they are willing to invest in their future and build a team that can compete for a Stanley Cup.
- The contract signing is significant because it shows that the Senators are willing to spend money to keep their top players. Sanderson’s contract is worth $64.4 million over eight years, which is a significant investment for the Senators. However, it shows that they are willing to spend money to keep their top players and build a winning team.
Overall, the signing of Jake Sanderson to an eight-year, $64.4 million contract extension is a significant move for the Senators. It shows their commitment to building a winning team and investing in their future. As Sanderson continues to develop and grow as a player, he will be a key piece of the Senators’ future success.
What are the expectations for Jake Sanderson in the upcoming season?
Jake Sanderson’s recent contract extension with the Ottawa Senators has made headlines, and many are wondering what to expect from the young defenseman in the upcoming season. Here are some expectations based on the available information:
- Sanderson is expected to be paired with defenseman Artem Zub when training camp begins on September 20th. This pairing could be a formidable one, as Zub is a solid defenseman who had a strong rookie season with the Senators last year.
- There are high expectations for Sanderson following his massive contract extension. NHL analyst Mike Johnson has said that Sanderson has the potential to be a “top-pairing defenseman” and that the Senators are “betting on him being a cornerstone player for the next decade”. Sanderson is considered one of the best defensemen in his draft class and has the potential to be a star player for the Senators.
- Sanderson had a solid rookie season with the Senators last year, recording four goals and 32 points in 77 games. He showed that he has the ability to contribute offensively while also being responsible in his own end. With another year of experience under his belt, Sanderson could take another step forward in his development and become an even more effective player.
- Sanderson’s contract extension shows that the Senators are committed to building a winning team and are willing to invest in their young players. Sanderson is just one of several young players on the Senators’ roster who are expected to be key pieces of the team’s future success. With the support of the organization behind him, Sanderson could thrive in the upcoming season and beyond.
Overall, there are high expectations for Jake Sanderson in the upcoming season and beyond. He has the potential to be a star player for the Senators and help lead the team to success in the years to come.