Brunch is a meal that combines breakfast and lunch and is usually served on weekends. It is a great way to catch up with friends and family while enjoying delicious food. If you are looking for some Sunday brunch recipes, we have got you covered. Here are some easy and delicious recipes that you can try:
- Sausage Gravy Casserole with Cheddar-Cornmeal Biscuits
- PB&J French Toast
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Bagel and Lox Skillet Strata
- Tomato and Scallion Cream Cheese Bagel Bake
Sunday Brunch Recipes: Sausage Gravy Casserole with Cheddar-Cornmeal Biscuits
This Sausage Gravy Casserole with Cheddar-Cornmeal Biscuits is a Southern classic that is perfect for brunch. The casserole is made with sausage, eggs, and cheese, and is topped with homemade biscuits. Here’s how you can make this delicious dish:
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising soft-wheat flour (such as White Lily Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour), plus more for work surface
- ¼ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage (such as Odom’s Tennessee Pride Hot Country Sausage)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion (from 1 small onion)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the self-rising flour and cornmeal. Add the cold butter pieces and cut them into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it 3 to 4 times. Roll the dough to ½-inch thickness and cut out 12 biscuits using a 2 ½-inch round cutter. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned and crumbly. Remove the sausage mixture from the skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings in the skillet. Add the flour to the drippings in the skillet and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, salt, and black pepper. Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sausage mixture.
- In a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, layer half of the biscuits, half of the sausage mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining biscuits, sausage mixture, and cheese. Pour the beaten eggs over the top of the casserole. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the casserole is set and lightly browned. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This Sausage Gravy Casserole with Cheddar-Cornmeal Biscuits is a hearty and satisfying dish that is perfect for your next Sunday brunch. Enjoy it with a side of fresh fruit or a green salad for a complete meal.
Buttermilk pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. Here are some easy and delicious recipes that you can try:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease with cooking spray or butter.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to dry, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with butter and maple syrup.
Tomato and Scallion Cream Cheese Bagel Bake
Tomato and Scallion Cream Cheese Bagel Bake is a delicious and easy brunch dish that is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. Here’s how you can make this delicious dish:
- 2 12-oz packages cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for dish
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 everything bagels (about 12.5 oz), sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes out on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until they are soft and slightly caramelized.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with olive oil. Arrange the sliced bagels in the dish, overlapping them slightly.
- Scatter the roasted tomatoes over the bagels, then dot the cream cheese pieces over the top.
- Sprinkle the sliced scallions over the cream cheese.
- Bake the bagel bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted and bubbly and the bagels are golden brown.
- Let the bagel bake cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This Tomato and Scallion Cream Cheese Bagel Bake is a delicious and easy brunch dish that is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. It is a great way to use up leftover bagels and is sure to impress your guests. Enjoy it with a side of fresh fruit or a green salad for a complete meal.
Sausage Gravy Casserole with Cheddar-Cornmeal Biscuits is a Southern classic that is perfect for brunch. The casserole is made with sausage, eggs, and cheese, and is topped with homemade biscuits. PB&J French Toast is a fun twist on the classic French toast. It is made with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and is perfect for kids and adults alike. Buttermilk Pancakes are a classic brunch dish that is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. Bagel and Lox Skillet Strata is a savory brunch dish that is perfect for those who love smoked salmon. Tomato and Scallion Cream Cheese Bagel Bake is a delicious and easy brunch dish that is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. Frittata is a versatile dish that can be made with any combination of vegetables, cheese, and meat.
Sunday brunch is a great way to relax and enjoy delicious food with friends and family. These easy and delicious recipes are perfect for your next brunch gathering. Try them out and impress your guests with your culinary skills.